I can't believe it's over. My childhood is over. My wonderful, phenomenal, magical, and a little bit dark but still valuable bedtime stories has come to an end. I can't thank my mother enough for giving me the Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban novel as a birthday present when I was 9. Since then, my world's filled with magic spells, patronuses, broomsticks, wands, owls, house-elves, butterbeers, chocolate frogs, and all those magical thingy.
Harry James Potter was an orphan, raised not so nicely by his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia (his mother's sister) and his cousin Dudley Dursley. He was just an ordinary little boy. Until his 11th birthday, he received a lot of letters sent by owls, a big guy named Hagrid came to him and said 'Yer a wizard, Harry' and changed his life. Those letters were from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, a boarding school for wizards and witches with Professor Albus Dumbledore as its Headmaster. It had four houses, Gryffindor; the particular characteristics of students sorted into Gryffindor are courage and chivalry, Slytherin; tend to be ambitious and cunning, Ravenclaw; characterised by their wit, intelligence, creativity, and wisdom, and Hufflepuff; valuing hard work, patience, friendship and fair play. Harry sorted into Gryffindor. He found out that his parents, James and Lily Potter, were wizards too and they weren't dead in a car accident like his Muggle (non-wizard) family told him, but were murdered by the dark wizard, Lord Voldemort. He failed to kill Harry, the spell rebounded and Harry survived with only a lightning-shaped scar on his forehead. Through the years, Harry tried to beat Voldemort with his friends, teachers, and some other people who were against The Dark Lord and his Death Eaters. He had two bestfriends, Ronald Bilius Weasley and Hermione Jean Granger, and they had always been there for him. Until the very end.
Well of course I can't write down all the story lines and all the genius characters here... I can only say that I enjoy both reading the books or watching the films. The stories are amazing and full of the most bizarre things people would ever imagine. If you haven't tried to read or watch one, I suggest you to start trying! And if you have but you can't find any interest in these stories, well... I don't know, maybe there's something wrong with you. lol.
Here's the book covers
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (US version: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (they made 2 parts of film for the last book)
And a few screen caps from the films
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
"Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus" means "Never tickle a sleeping dragon"
Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters
My all time favorite couple (Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger)
Harry James Potter













No comments:
Post a Comment