Thursday, June 2, 2011

Emotional Insecurity.

"A person who is insecure lacks confidence in their own value, and one or more of their capabilities, lacks trust in themselves or others, or has fears that a present positive state is temporary, and will let them down and cause them loss or distress by "going wrong" in the future."
 Source: Wikipedia.

I know how it feels. It feels like I'll never be good enough for anyone, not even for myself. This is what I've been hiding all the time. But I'll try my best to get rid of this shit. I'm tired of feeling lonely, unaccepted and incapable.

Another article I found:

In order to overcome insecurity, people need to:
  1. Be willing to be put in vulnerable positions in life where they might get hurt.
  2. Take risks to change their current behavior.
  3. Trust others enough to expose themselves to them, risking vulnerability and the possibility of being hurt.
  4. Have a healthy and humorous belief in themselves in order to overlook their exaggerated need for acceptance and approval.
  5. Take a rational approach to each problem they face so that they are no longer inhibited by debilitating fears or beliefs.
  6. Practice assertive behavior in their lives, earning respect and the acknowledgment of their rights.
  7. Arouse the courage to take small steps in learning to experience success and overcoming their lack of belief in self. Once the success is experienced, they can build on it to gain the courage to act out of a strong conviction in their self-goodness and worth.
  8. Break the barrier or outer shell of the self-doubt they have hidden behind and reach out to others. Breaking out of their "shells" requires letting go of past hurts (real or imagined) and moving on with life.
  9. Open themselves to the possibility of success and accomplishment. Visualize or make a prophecy of winning at life so their energies are focused in a growth direction.
  10. Reward themselves for who they are and capitalize on their strengths, attributes, skills and competencies. 
Read more: here

As you can see, there are advices like 'take risks, take steps, break the barrier' there. I'm sooo not that type of a risk-taker, and I've got one of my best friends lecture me about being too afraid of risks. Thanks dude, I got your point -_- Well, I hope this insecurity thingy won't eat me alive. I probably just need to be more grateful. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment